Hot Design Trends for 2018
As we near the close of another successful year here at Impact Home Staging Experts, it’s time to look forward to exciting design trends we can expect to see more of next year:
- Color is back! Sherwin Williams has selected Oceanside (SW 6496) as their 2018 color of the year. Benjamin Moore’s selection is Caliente (AF-290). You can expect vibrant jewel tones and a lot of black as well.
- Wallpaper is back too! Bold, geometric...
Is Staging the Same as Decorating?
The quick answer is no, and here is why.
When you live in your home you typically acquire furniture, accessories, and artwork that are representative of your personal lifestyle. In other words, items that make you feel good, such as personal pictures and items that you have collected from your travels or items from your childhood or things your children have made for you. All these treasures are placed throughout your...
Awesome Entryways! How to Get Your Home Market Ready
Today’s real estate market is tough and competitive. Inventory is at an all-time low and while you may think that may work to your advantage, “My home will sell, there is not that many to choose from”, that could also be your downfall. Your home has to be move-in ready! What does that mean? It means marketing your home is such a way that when a perspective buyer enters your home, immediately it...
Quick Fix Bedroom Updates
Whether you are preparing your home for market or are simply ready for a change in your boudoir style, these following tips will help to jumpstart your project!
- Work the Walls
- Tried & true, nothing will change the look of a room more than a fresh coat of paint. Try one of the ever-so-popular griege colors for an instant update. Paint all walls or just one for impact. There are also incredible online wallpaper choices to be...
Are Lakeside Properties All About the View?
Many buyers think it’s great to live on a lake because the view is spectacular. Also, it gives you great access to water sports. There are many things to consider when putting your lakefront property on the market. Be careful to avoid these pitfalls, as they can be quite expensive if missed. Make sure to clean this area like you would the rest of the property. If you do not have waterproof furniture, buy...
Get Your Home Market Ready by Un-Cluttering Your Basement
Today’s real estate market is tough and competitive. Inventory is at an all-time low and while you may think that may work to your advantage, “My home will sell, there is not that many to choose from”, that could also be your downfall. Your home has to be move-in ready! What does that mean? It means marketing your home is such a way that when a perspective buyer enters your home, immediately...
11 Quick Projects to Update your Home
Ready to sell your house? Don’t just list it without any advance preparation. A few minor projects will go a long way toward making a great first impression on buyers, and maybe even seal the deal on a quick sale.
- Paint Color – Nothing says neglected like dirty walls with chipped paint. Giving your interior a fresh coat of paint is your biggest bang for the buck. Take the time to update the walls with a neutral...
Staging a house with odds and ends VS. a professional staging company:
Why the Franken-house approach doesn’t work
Premier Package in Berkley
Putting a vacant home on the market is ALWAYS a bad decision. Another bad decision – staging using furniture gathered from here and there- garage sales, you’re Aunt’s basement, left overs you don’t want to take to your next home… we’ve all seen it. A home owner or agent places pieces in the house to fill it up and...
Picking a PRO for Your Staging Project
For many home sellers and realtors, they have not worked with professional Stagers before; so how do you pick a PRO to help with their home staging project?
Below are the top 10 questions to ask with interviewing Stager candidates:
- What type of services do they offer? If you have an owner occupied home you may need a simple consultation, or some physical help to jump start the preparation process. If your home...